A wax ribbon is a ribbon coated with an ink made essentially with wax-based components. Wax ribbons are the most popular thermal transfer ribbon for thermal printers. Wax-based inks have a good adhesion on almost all types of substrate and are perfectly suitable for printing barcodes and other types of labels.
- Ideal for short-term use
- Good printing quality: ensures a good readability/scanning of barcodes, digits and characters.
- Fast print speed up to 12 ips depending on the label/ribbon combination.
- Good ink blackness, even on rough label materials like velum.
- Competitive ribbons: lower prices than wax-resin and resin based ribbons.
- Receptor multi-compatibility: the ink has a good adhesion on coated or uncoated labels.
- Low energy required to transfer the ink: helping to extend the print head lifetime.